Friday, July 17, 2009

Looking Back

To me, RATS is indescribable. I feel like it is some kind of bizarre exclusive club, only understood by those inside it. To come back and feel that nobody I talked to really comprehended what I had been through was weird. Although, I suppose that only a day before I had been one of those who didn’t truly appreciate the experience that is RATS. The memories of the pain are fading fast for me. When I look back, I’m remembering more and more the sense of accomplishment, the feeling that we were undertaking something epic, something extraordinary. Though I try to fight it, a thought keeps welling up in the back of my mind. I try to suppress it, try to rationalize it away, but it persists, getting stronger and stronger of late. Next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment